[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Henry on June 06, 2001 at 02:12:30:

In Reply to: concrete subfloor with old tile posted by Elizabeth Winsche on May 05, 2001 at 15:02:38:

First a CAUTION. If that old tile (and adhesive) contain asbestos you need to be careful when removing it. Armstrong has a brochure on how to remove it safely. Second; I just went through this and my Armstrong dealer said to remove as much of the old adhesive as possible by scraping but DO NOT use the liquid adhesive removers because the remover itself will bleed through the new vinyl.

You say that the old tiles remove easily. In my case that was only true for about 20% of the tiles. The other 80% were a back breaker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Message Board ] [ FAQ ]